Saturday, October 4, 2008

Trip to Stowe, Vermont


(Jill) - Today was Addison's first trip to Stowe. We took a drive through the Notch (Smuggler's Notch) to enjoy the foliage and it was so beautiful. One of my favorite things is driving down narrow two lane roads in the fall while brightly colored leaves fall from the sky. I love it. When we arrived in Stowe, Scott suggested lunch at The Whip at Green Mountain Inn and it was the perfect choice. We had a delicious meal and Addison was relatively good through the meal. She did have one minor crying jag but I took her out of the car seat and held her and that solved that issue.

One thing they stress to you in baby care class is not to eat or drink hot foods while holding the baby (especially coffee) as you are prone to spill it on them. Well, I don't drink coffee so I figured it wasn't much of an issue. However, while holding her in the restaurant and trying to enjoy the spinach artichoke dip we ordered for a treat, I looked down and poor little Addison had a nice piece of spinach on her head. Oops! Guess I should have listened more closely in class. After lunch, we went back to the car and got her stroller and took a nice walk on the Stowe bike path. It was beautiful and Addison was a perfect little sleeper. Overall, we all had a great time and Scott and I were feeling pretty great about our longest trip yet with our new little girl.