Thursday, October 2, 2008
Dads First Day Away
(Jill) Today was our first day at home with Dad at work. I was a little nervous about how it would all go but luckily Addison and I both had a great nights sleep so that started our day off right. We had a nice morning filled with nursing, the bouncer and activity mat. I even managed to get in a shower and a few loads of laundry which felt great! We took a nap at lunchtime which felt decadent and necessary all at the same time. In the afternoon Scott called to check in right as Addison was 'expressing herself' with some rather vocal crying. I think he was probably wondering if needed to come home stat but we were fine. I decided to test out the Baby Bjorn for the first time and I am happy to report that Addison was a huge fan. She zonked right out and I walked next door and picked up a couple of things at the grocery store and drug store. She was so happy I kept her in it once we got home and did a few small chores with her strapped to me. My only semi-complaint would be that she kicks off some serious heat! I was sweating having her strapped to me like that but she was so happy (and warm!) that I couldn't move her. So, day one down and all is well. Whew!
