Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Barracuda

Apparently each baby has a unique nursing style that falls into different categories. Really. There is the Procrastinator who does just that, procrastinates while eating. They are slowpoke eaters who show little interest in nursing most of the time. There is the Gourmet who likes to taste a little milk and smack their lips and they tend to savor every mouthful of milk. So where does Addison fall in all of these different categories you wonder? She is a Barracuda. Yes, a Barracuda. This means that she tends to latch on and nurse like she has just crossed the Sahara desert and there is no dawdling or lip smacking here. Someday I am going to get on video (tastefully, of course) exactly how loud she can be when nursing. There is much gulping going on to the point where I actually hear milk hitting her stomach. Last night as she was chugging away I suddenly had the realization that we are potentially raising a future college beer pong champion. Oy. Or should I say, 'Go Barracuda, Go!'?

No comments: