Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Tree

On Saturday we went out for a family adventure to do one of my favorite things...cut down our Christmas tree. There is a tree farm that I have passed for years and years on the way to my family's house and I thought it would be fun to go there. Little did I consider that I pass every year on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (and many times in addition) but never between those two holidays.

Apparently, my secret spot isn't so secret. (all photos can be clicked thru on)

There were easily two hundred cars at this place but it is a well run operation and had more trees we loved than we could ever take home.

After parking, we let Buggy out to run wild and see if any tree in particular caught her eye.

She kept begging for this one but we assured her that ours should be a smidge bigger.


After not too much searching and more than one discussion trying to guesstimate tree height off of our height, we found 'The One'.
Scott hard at work. I am 100% confident this was his first Christmas tree cutting experience. Arizona isn't exactly Christmas tree farm territory, as you probably know.

Addison watching Daddy hard at work.

Addison and Mommy in front of our spoils.






Daddy and Addison.

Scott loading the tree on the car while Addison and I chased doggies around. Poor guy.

I drove the car back to the entrance while Addison hitched a ride on Daddy and enjoyed more fresh air.
She's a little perplexed as to why I am driving next to them (taking pictures, no less).

The semi-end result. Not fully decorated but still gorgeous.


I love Christmas. And I love starting new traditions with my family.

No comments: