Monday, December 28, 2009

First Visit To The Dentist

On December 7th Addison had her first visit to the dentist. At 14 1/2 months. Apparently they start them young up here. Unfortunately between my winter coat, her winter coat/hat/mittens, her diaper bag, my purse and carrying the Bugs, the camera didn't make it inside the office. Oh how I wish you could have seen her sitting in the dentist chair while we waited for Dr. Shon to arrive. So cute! And how you wish that I could have documented her methodically beginning to trash his office when he took too long to visit with us. "Oh look! A drill! A button! A lever! What does this do?!" I was exhausted.

Your consulation prize are some early morning photos of Addison brush, brush, brusing her teeth. Every day after she gets dressed she brushes her teeth while we comb her hair. It's a good way to start the day.

This is her, 'Mom? Seriously?' face. It's too early and I still have bed head.

Really getting into it now.

Hey, put that camera down, lady!

All done.

The final result after her hair was combed as well. Cutie.
I'm a snow bunny! (What's that?)

The full effect.

After she is done brushing and combing, I usually ask if she wants to see herself and I pop her up on her feet so she can check herself out in the mirror. She was particulary pleased with her new jeans and fake uggs this morning.
As for the dentist, there was some minor crying but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a few cuddles since sticker bribes don't really work on her yet.

No comments: