Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pre-Birth Adventures

I have been meaning to write this type of post for awhile now. I doubt it will be terribly interesting for others but it is for Addison more than anyone else. Feel free to skip reading and return later in the week for more Addison hijinks!

Dear Addison,

I thought it would be neat if you could read about some of the things you did with Mommy before you were born. Daddy and I certainly had some fun experiences while we were waiting for your arrival on the outside. I know you enjoyed yourself, especially when you could kick me to tell me your opinions!

Some highlights of things you did while in Mommy's belly:


  • In late January 2008 you went snowboarding in Utah at Snow Basin and Snowbird - in big powder no less and yes, you kicked fanny
  • Went to a Tracy Lawrence concert at Higher Ground with Daddy - wondered if you could hear the music - it was good but LOUD
  • Saw the Essex Memorial Day parade with Daddy, Gram B, Aunt Amy, cousin Tyler, Aunt Stephanie, Aunt Sandy & Uncle Doug - saw cousin Ryan playing his drums with the marching band
  • Traveled to Tampa, FL in early June 2008 for a girl's weekend with your Auntie's from Syracuse - floated in the ocean for a looonnngg time - you loved it
  • Traveled to Quebec City, Quebec in late June 2008 with Daddy for a babymoon - our last 'big' trip before you were going to join us in the fall
  • Walked all around the old city of Quebec and even took you on a ghost tour of the city
  • Lit candles in different churches around Quebec to pray for your protection while in Mommy's belly and to show how thankful we were for your upcoming arrival
  • Attended the South Hero, VT 4th of July parade and went to the Boardman camp - soaked Mommy's feet in the cool waters of Lake Champlain
  • Joined a pre-natal yoga class and learned to appreciate some of those hippie moves
  • Walked to the ice cream stand in Essex to get a creeme with Daddy - we liked vanilla with chocolate sprinkles
  • Went to Sandbar State Park on Lake Champlain to enjoy some sun while watching all of the families play at the beach - we even saw a little girl with your name one time
  • Worked out in the morning before heading to work with Mommy - you especially liked the elliptical as it basically rocked you back to sleep
  • Walked to the bagel shop with Daddy on Sunday mornings so we could split an egg sandwich and read the paper
  • Went to the horse track in Saratoga Springs, NY - we weren't the best at picking winners
  • Acted as a back-up singer with Auntie's Carrie, Heather, Amy and Christine while playing Rock Band until 1am in the morning (Daddy was on guitar) - we had such a good time, we went on bed rest 5 days later!

I know there was much more we did together but I think this is a good highlight of some special and some everyday things that we enjoyed while you were hanging out with me all the time. I loved being pregnant with you and sharing such a special time with my special girl. I love you.

xoxo,

Mommy

No comments: