
Settle in. This is gonna be a long one!
Addison attended her first mass on Christmas Eve. The outfit above was her 'fancy' dress for Christmas (not to be mistaken for her 'casual wear' throughout the rest of the holidays!). Her dress was very cute and once again she was sporting baby leg warmers to keep her chubby little legs warm in this cool VT weather. I am happy to report that Addison was a total charmer at church. Very pleasant to start and then she slept through most of mass. We attended church at St. Thomas in Underhill Center and I have to say it was a pretty incredible feeling to take Addison up to the alter during communion to have her blessed by Father Rick. I get choked up just thinking about it. It's a funny thing but I have always looked forward to the day when I could bring my baby to that mass and it was a more special feeling then I imagined.
After church, we went to my Aunt Sandy's to spend time with my family. My Uncle Doug is a huge lover of children, especially around the holidays. He was so thrilled to have a new addition in the family as most of the other kids have entered their teenage years and are past playing with toys, etc. Below is some very sweet video of him introducing Addison to a small part of his extensive holiday toy collection. Next year will be even better!
On Christmas Day, Addison started the day modeling her Auntie Mich's 'Baby's 1st Christmas' bib, complete with Mickey Mouse in the front. She loved it and perhaps she is a future Mickey lover in the making!

Addison is a very lucky little girl and she received an embarrassing amount of wonderfully thoughtful gifts. There were far too many to mention but it is safe to say that she is dearly loved and incredibly lucky to have so many wonderful people in her life. Below are included a couple of funny pictures of her enjoying some of her Christmas spoils. She received a tray for her Bumbo seat which instantly made the seat more fun and she expressed her first real interest in a book (cutely titled 'Fluffy Chick'). Doesn't it look like she's actually reading? I'd love to know what is going through her mind in these pictures.


Lots of other cute photos that were taken (including Addison modeling her first headband/bow combo) but unfortunately they were not taken on our camera. I will be sure to share any other notables when I get them from others. In the meantime I will sign off by saying that once again, Scott and I are incredibly grateful for all we have in our life, especially each other and our beautiful daughter.
Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment