Monday, December 29, 2008

T Minus One Week

Yes, it's true. One week from now I will have to leave this sweet little nut at daycare and I will be headed back to work. Okay, technically Scott is leaving her but you get the idea. I am not really even sure what to say about all of that. It is suffice to say I have a lot of emotions and feelings about it that are difficult to sum up with the written word and this is a post that has been 'written' at least two other times and deleted.

I have been so lucky to have so much time with Addison, much more time than many other new moms. And I am lucky enough to really like my job. But dang, it's hard to imagine leaving her somewhere for the whole day. Recently she has been changing so much, so quickly that I hate to miss a minute of it. This has been the subject of more than one conversation between Scott and myself. It usually goes something like this....

Me: But how will she feel when she wakes up at daycare surrounded by strangers...strangers!

Scott: She will be just fine. She'll love seeing new people and other babies.

Me: But no one will love her as much as we do!
Scott: Sigh....

And round and round we go....an endless, useless conversation as in the end I know that SHE will be just fine, probably great in fact. I'LL be the one boohooing in my car and office. But in the end, I will be all right as well. It's just another step in life that will fly by faster than I think. In the meantime, wish me luck!
And just so this post isn't a total downer, check out Addison's first headband/hair accessory. One of her recent gifts that we have enjoyed making her model. Sorry the photo is a little washed out due to the flash!

No comments: