Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Great Swingset of 2010 - The Grand Finale

Scott is a superhero. He made some serious progress on the swingset all by himself (minus some 'help' from Addison of course). Using an hour or two after work a few nights during the week, he got the climbing wall, ladder and roof all set up. I don't even want to think about how that roof happened as it was already up by the time I put Addison to bed one night and I don't know how. I am sure the neighbors can tell me someday.

On Sunday, while Addison was napping I came outside and he had the crossbar piece for the swings out on the ground. I told him that if he waited 30 minutes or so my sister was coming by and she was strong and handy and could help him get it set up. He agreed and in the time it took me to turn my back and walk 20 feet to our deck, he had lifted the whole piece up himself. So much for needing help.

Once my sister, mother and one of my nephews arrived, he did accept some support from my nephew Tyler.

After some fine tuning and a nice walk for Addison, Grammy and Aunt Amy, the swingset was officially ready for its maiden voyage.
Addison at the top of the slide. Have you ever seen so many 'helpers' to get one kid down a slide? She was probably thinking, 'Hello, people, I've done this like 200 other times at the playground all by myself!'.


There she goes! (again note the multiple sets of hands just to make sure she doesn't fly off into oblivion)

Whee!

She promptly moved on to the swing. Which required her shades naturally.


The almost whole shooting match. We still need to hang one swing and some bar thing in the middle but the hooks for those were missing until earlier this week. There is also a separate picnic table that needs to be put together and sand to purchase for the sandbox area (under the climbing wall/slide piece).

Overall, we are very happy with our purchase and I am so proud of Scott for making this happen. Thanks babe, you are the best!
Now please send advice for how to keep her mind occupied with other thoughts than playing on the swingset at 6am and I'll be in your debt forever.

No comments: