Friday, August 28, 2009

Memories

Exactly one year ago today, I was unexpectedly put on bed rest at just shy of 36 weeks. This picture is me two days before I got news. Don't I look blissfully unaware?


Realizing a whole year has passed has made me reflective and sentimental. My thoughts turn to the routine doctor's appointment I went to in the middle of my normal day only to be told I was going to the hospital right then. I remember driving to the hosptial knowing Scott was unreachable and thinking, 'it's okay, everything is okay' even though I really had no idea what was happening. I still couldn't believe they were making me go the hosptial right now (as the mid-wife kept saying).
I think about all the days spent on the couch in our condo with the windows open so I could hear the fair going on outside and smell the outdoors coming in. Twice weekly hospital visits, weekly doctor trips and the steady steam of amazing visitors that gave me reason to get up each morning, take a shower and get dressed. What a crazy trip.

And of course, as this blog is evidence of, it all turned out better than my best dreams.
Yes, this is going to be a sappy place to visit for the next couple of weeks.

No comments: