Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eleven Months

Dear Bugs,

Yes, you have yet another nickname from Mommy. Lately even your nicknames get nicknames (Buggies).

It was another busy month of development and loads of firsts. Unfortunately, you had your first illness topping out at a 101.4 degree fever. Lots of cuddling seemed to go a long way to speeding you towards recovery. At daycare you moved to your new room (Young Toddler, aaahhh!) in early August. This briefly sent Mommy for a loop as she was not expecting you to move until you were at least 12 months, not 10 months. However, you are unphased and love your new room. I predict it will not be long before you have a whole new bag of tricks as all the other kids in the room are older and walk, feed themselves, etc.

After four months of nothing in the tooth department, you cut your top four teeth in the span of one week. The front two are fully cut and the next two are just peaking through. You have enjoyed testing out your new hardware by biting your cheerios with gusto instead of gumming them.


You are eager to explore new toys and you still love a good book especially 'Mr. Brown Goes Moo, Can You?', 'Goodnight Moon' and 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear'. You love your new yellow scooter and have been known to shed a tear or two if you have to get off before you are ready. You also discovered the joy of floating in the water on a hot summer day. You have been to a couple of pool parties and even floated in Lake Champlain while visting camp, just like Mommy did when she was your age. You were adorable.

You are observant, inquisitive and unafraid of just about everything. You will mournfully gaze at Daddy and Mommy until one of them lets you climb the big staircase all the way to the top. This is both exciting and exhausting and I can only imagine what this will mean once you master the fine art of walking. Where will we find you then? Hopefully not the roof, but I wouldn't put it past you!

I blinked and over eighteen months of my life flew by. It is honestly disconcerting. I am doing the best I can every day to enjoy each moment and to know that this train is only going to move faster as it gathers even more speed.
You are the sunshine in my life, baby girl.

xoxo,
Mommy
PS - I spy a few small curls working their way into your little hairdo. Yes! (fist pumping included)

No comments: