On Friday, I got a call from Scott around 4:20pm saying that he had picked Addison up at daycare early. That's the good news. The bad news was he was sick in the hallway of the school due to the rapid onset of food poisoning. Seriously. While you won't be seeing Scott at our local Subway anytime soon, you might see the Vermont State Health Inspector there. Soooo, I rushed home and proceeded to spend the next 36 hours+ taking care of my two charges.

Good thing they're cute because I was whipped by this morning (Sunday). Scott was 100% out of commission Friday night and all day yesterday and Addison was cranky due to the cumulative lack of sleep from daycare all week. I am embarrassed (but willing) to admit that I had a moment early this morning (think 5am) after getting up for the fifth time in one hour where I considered putting Addison up for sale for $5*. Not sure where I came up with that amount but it sounded good to me at the time. Of course, that offer no longer stands. $5 Billion is more like it.**
Luckily for me, the weekend is ending more like how I envisioned. My husband is on the mend and my girl is napping and sparkly. Whew!
*Horrible, I know.
**Nothing like parenthood to make you feel slightly bi-polar.

No comments:
Post a Comment