Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1 Down, 1,873 To Go

Yesterday when Scott and I got into bed at the end of a long day I said, "Well, we made it through day one (of daycare). Only 1,873 more to go." That's just an estimate of course.

Leaving Addison was so hard. We can just leave it at that for simplicity's sake. However, going back to work was made much better for me due to Scott. Scott is on morning drop off duties and it has made a huge mental difference for me to leave her in the morning at our house in the loving care of her dad (they go to daycare after I leave for work). Last night she looked so shell shocked when I picked her up. I felt awful for the poor thing because as Scott mentioned below she barely slept or ate the whole day. Not exactly like everyone said it would be, reassuring me that 'she won't even notice you guys aren't there' and so on. However, once home she nursed like a champ and promptly zonked out hard and upon waking later in the evening she was the baby we know and love. Smiles, twinkly eyes and all things lovable. A huge relief for us!

Today at daycare went much better and included a very long nap and two big bottles of milk. So, progress has been made and quickly. I think it helps when you have a doting daddy who brings you in to daycare a little late and on special days like today, picks you up a little early. Go Super Daddy!

No comments: