Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Party

Last Thursday, Bugs had her Easter party at school. I decided I just couldn't miss out and I am so glad I made it over for the celebration. While it may sound dull, it is fun to peak in on her without her knowing while she at school.

Snack time. I have wondered how they get all of these toddlers to sit around a table willingly and discovered the answer quickly...they don't. Yes, the kids sit (as evidenced here) but they also wander, meander and need some occassional wrangling back to the table.

The best part of the special snack time (parents bring in special treats - cheese, fruit, etc)....the cookies, of course! Bugs examining her half of a cookie.

Yup, it's as good as it looks.

My favorite picture (even though it's not in focus)...that look and the little hand gesture she is making is her frantically signing for 'more, more!'. Yes, her plea was answered and she received the other half of her cookie.

Working off snack time with some friends.

They had a little easter egg hunt in the play space. Each child found one egg.

Addison with her spoils.

After the egg hunt, the Easter Bunny arrived. Note how lonely she looks...not a single taker amoung the crowd.

The bunny was obviously an old pro at this because she rolled an egg to each child who was then much happier. Addison enjoying her goldfish filled bunny egg.

We topped off the party by bringing home Addison's bunny basket from school. A milk jug cotton ball bunny filled with all sorts of fun treats (bubbles, sunglasses, stickers and more).

A great way to spend an afternoon (and we even went to the park after - whee!).

No comments: