
(Scott) In the mornings after Jill leaves for work, I get to spend a few minutes with Addison before it is time to go to "School," which is what we call her daycare. I am often saddened at the response I get when I ask Addison, "are you ready to go to school?" Her response is usually to immediately stand up, walk out of the room, and leave me in the dust while she heads for the garage door, and points to her jacket in anticipation of leaving the house. Don't get me wrong, I love that she enjoys being at school where she has several other kids to play with, and more toys than we would ever want in the confines of our house, but couldn't she be a bit more subtle about it? I mean, have some respect kid and at least pretend you are upset at leaving your father. Don't just hand me your jacket and injury report and tell me to get moving; lets have a meaningful transition of you showing me your love and appreciation and then ease our way into sending you off for the day.

Of course it is once we get to her daycare and its time for me to leave, that she decides to start crying and making a scene...not that she wants to come with me or anything, she just doesn't want me to leave.

No comments:
Post a Comment