Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January Whopper

As most everyone knows by now, we woke up this past Sunday to a major amount of snow. This is what I saw against every door in our house when I came downstairs.


We had over 30 inches of snow in about 24 hours. A new record for the Burlington area as it usually snows a lot in the mountains and not right in town.
Addison was mystified as she ate her breakfast.

Scott's massive driveway project. That is some serious snowblowing waiting to happen. Because we live across from a large open field we tend to get wind which resulted in drifts as high as me in our front yard and some in the driveway as well.
All this snow seemed the perfect opportunity to finally bust out Addison's full winter gear for her first real snow experience. We took her for a winter 'hike' last year but I am sure she has no recollection!
The Bugs in her shiny snowpants and morning hairdo.
Her first look outside of the garage. She was excited!

And really happy to see Daddy who was outside working on the driveway still.


Until he put her in one of the snowbanks. Then she wasn't so excited anymore.

But she recovered well and went on to have some adventures in the backyard.


Addison actually did really well. She had two rather major full on face plants in the snow and barely uttered a peep. This was somewhat surprising as these days she'll cry over silly things like not being allowed to play in the refrigerator. I guess the snow was too new to get upset over? Unfortunately it was too fluffy for any snowman making but I am sure we'll get one up before the season is out!

No comments: