Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And The OCD Begins

Addison learned a new trick at school from Miss Dory that I happened to witness right before Christmas. Miss Dory had shown Addison how to 'wash' her hands at the big sink and man, my kid has become a little obsessed. It has gotten to the point that she will stand in the dark bathroom pointing and making noises to get you to come let her wash her hands. While I am all for hygiene and this clearly could come in handy whenever that mysterious potty training escapade begins, right now lifting her off the ground while holding her against the sink and my ever expanding belly is just giving me a back ache.

So I had the genius idea of trying to use my kitchen step stool to aid her in her desire for cleanliness. Two birds, one stone.

Or so I thought. While she obviously loved the stool, she still can't reach the faucet.

This is her 'I'm so excited to get closer, now come lift me up' face.

Really woman, put down that camera and move it.

Another of her new obsessions, waving hi and bye bye to just about everything, usually long after the appropriate moment. We are working on timing.

Her final plea to get those hands under the water, stat!

Will we be so lucky that this obsession will last long enough to be useful?

No comments: