Thursday, November 26, 2009

Fourteen Months

Yes, this is delayed. What can I say, I basically told myself I would stop writing monthly letters to Addison once she turned one but it's hard to give up as she changes so much month to month. I hate to miss remembering any moment. My compromise is to consider doing a letter every two months (I originally planned on eighteen months and two years so we'll see). Moving on....

My Dear, Sweet Addison,

The last two months have been a total whirlwind and yet I am not sure we really 'did' much at the same time. There were less trips, visitors, dinners, etc but so much learning and growing. You are now a fully walking, running, stumbling go getter and it is very fun (and a smidge tiring). You really took your time transitioning from pulling up and toddling (which was a little early) to walking but once you made the commitment, you were in!

You love dancing and I have picked you up on more than one occassion to hear the daycare ladies telling me how you had them laughing so hard they were crying. You have a mean rump shake, my darling and you take it very seriously sometimes! You, Daddy and Mommy love to listen to the ipod while we dance/sing in the living room. You have also been singing lately which is too cute to watch. Grandma B bought you a Silent Night book that has a button you push to play the song (just music, no words). You will sit and push the button more times than I care to admit and while you so seriously watch the baby Jesus light up, you quietly 'sing' to yourself. It is heart stealing. Maybe someday I'll actually get it on video but that's a tall order because you're pretty busy.



You have also become a little kitchen mastro. You love to open 'your' cupboard, pull out your mixing bowl and oversized wooden spoon and mix, mix, mix to your hearts content. You totally put it over the top when you stop every once in awhile to 'taste' your creation while saying, 'mmm, mmm, mmm!' enthusiastically. The cuteness kills me.
There is so much more that you do every day that I wouldn't even know where to start. You continue to have a zest for life and it is contagious. You soak up everything around you and Daddy and I continue to be so proud of you every day.


You are simply the best.
We love you, baby girl.
xoxo
Mommy

No comments: