Monday, July 20, 2009

Ten Months


Dear Addison,

Ten months? Ten months! These 30 day blocks go by quicker each month and I feel as though we are a freight train rapidly approaching your big first birthday. I know you can't wait!

This month you have taken learing and exploring to new levels. You are starting to become interested in walking. You 'stand' on your own for a second or two at a time and then realize you are doing so and promptly return your hand to the wall, table or window to steady yourself. You figured out how to climb up the stairs between your playroom and the kitchen hallway. I'm honestly not sure if you really even had to try that hard as I have never even seen you contemplate them before but I turned around for about a second (isn't that how it always goes) and much to my surprise you were up two of the three stairs.

You have found a new friend at daycare named Maddie and you two love to egg each other on although I think you are somewhat the leader of the mischief making as you are a little older than she. The other day your teachers let me know that you were trying to get her to crawl up the wall incline with you to get to where the car seats are stored. They also let me know that when you are up to no good, they say 'Addison Murray!' and you turn to them, smile and dance for them. It is a solid effort to be so cute that they won't tell you 'no'. Nice try!


You have a whole aresenal of tricks now. Kissing, waving, clapping, dancing, new sounds and phrases. You have also turned into a little snuggler, burying your head in our necks or holding tight to my pantlegs in the kitchen at dinner time. Daddy and I are just trying to keep up with our ever evolving babe. One thing that remains the same is that you are the sweetest type of sweet I have ever known. I know the days go fast and lately I spend more time at night smelling your lavendar scented head and feeling your silky fine hair on my cheek as we rock in your room in the dark. And I would not be exaggerating to say that sometimes Daddy and I race each other up the stairs at our bedtime so that we can be the first in the room to check on you in your dreamy sleepiness.

I love you beyond words.

xoxo
Mommy



PS - Daddy and I also 'race' in the daycare on the rare days we can pick you up together...we both want to see you first. Guess who usually wins? That would be Daddy.

PPS - Daddy kept telling me you would have curls by now. Can you work that out for me? xoxo

No comments: