
Late last week, I was playing with Addison in her playroom area and I ran into the kitchen to grab something. I turned around and she had already made her way up two of the three stairs leading up to the kitchen area. We have been so busy keeping her from going down the steps, I never contemplated the possibility of her going up the steps. I realize this was an oversight.
The stairs she climbed.

Part Two: Now What?
To say she was pleased with her new party trick would be an understatement and she boldly decided the next day to take on the main stairs in our entryway. Our tiled entryway.

Somewhat to my surprise, she did manage to get up on the first step. And no, I am not sure when I will realize that she is now capable of more than I care to imagine.

However, the main stairs are much more narrow and steep (and numerous) than the other stairs she so easily mastered. She spent a nice chunk of time as you see in the picture below. (I wish I could draw a bubble above her head because you know she is thinking something really funny at this exact moment...something like, why did my mommy let me do this?)
She eventually gave me this face and I put down the camera and rescued her from the imminent doom of meeting our entryway tile in an unpleasant fashion.
She has not revisited the Part Two steps again. But it's only been five days.
No comments:
Post a Comment