Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Carrie & Tom's Wedding

(Scott) This past weekend we had the whole crew (Grandma B, Aunt Sandy, Sister Amy, Cousin Stephanie) at our house in Vermont while Jill and I enjoyed a weekend in Florida at the wedding for Carrie and Tom. The wedding was a fantastic time, beautiful ceremony and all around great reception party afterwords. Carrie was the very beautiful bride, and Tom the very funny host. Of course the best part of the ceremony at the church was the reading done by my Jill, who was standing from my angle behind a rather large decorative floral arrangement, hence the reason for no photograph. I still remember when I first met Carrie, as the Queen sized air matress we had for her turned out to be a twin sized matress instead. I told her that it must have said on the box it was 'Fit for a Queen' and she laughed and said to Jill, "You didnt tell me he was funny?" Carrie is a wonderful person and Tom is very lucky to have such a great woman. I myself know about having such a great woman.

Here is Carrie with her sister and father.

It was the funniest first dance I have ever seen, which started seemingly romantic and soon turned into the chicken dance, Mr. Roboto, and Karaoke. (Ps- please excuse the anatomically correct statue behind Tom, but I am told it is alright when its art.)

It is hard to see me here in this photo because I am on the dance floor getting my groove on.

Yes, alcohol was involved.
It was a wonderful time in Florida, but I can't begin to describe how wonderful it was to be at home when Addison woke up Monday morning with a bright smiling face ear to ear after missing her Mom and Dad and seeing they were now home. Thanks for everything to all who made it happen.

No comments: