



(Jill) Well we finally got out of the hospital on Sunday afternoon and are back at home with our little girl. My family brought over dinner for the week and came over to visit Addison again. They can't get enough of her any more than we can. We feel so fortunate to have this blessing in our life.
On Monday we took Addison's first field trip to 'Moe's Southwestern Grill' in South Burlington, Vermont. Very classy, I know. Addison did excellent being out and about, especially being 4 days old (!). She cried a bit getting her into the car seat, but once inside settled down and slept through the entire experience even with the loud music. So many parents I know put there kids to sleep during rides in the car, and she was no exception.
On Tuesday we had an appointment with the pediatrician where Addison passed with flying colors. She is healthy and we discovered she has a small birth mark on the back of her neck. She also has a 'stork bite' on the bridge above her nose which will fade in time. Her weight is already back to where it was when she was born which is great news. She is breast feeding well and we are hopeful her weight will continue to go up.
Last night (tues-wed) Addison slept great, I was so impressed, I actually got some sleep for the first night. She was happy in her crib for the first time and nursed well which held her over to sleep for good chunks of time (2+ hours). I was very happy to say the least!
Wednesday we took another field trip, this time to Carter's to get her a couple things she needed including a couple more small head caps, a few more socks and more receiving blankets.We are so happy to be at home enjoying our time as a new family. It really is wonderful to all be together!
On Monday we took Addison's first field trip to 'Moe's Southwestern Grill' in South Burlington, Vermont. Very classy, I know. Addison did excellent being out and about, especially being 4 days old (!). She cried a bit getting her into the car seat, but once inside settled down and slept through the entire experience even with the loud music. So many parents I know put there kids to sleep during rides in the car, and she was no exception.
On Tuesday we had an appointment with the pediatrician where Addison passed with flying colors. She is healthy and we discovered she has a small birth mark on the back of her neck. She also has a 'stork bite' on the bridge above her nose which will fade in time. Her weight is already back to where it was when she was born which is great news. She is breast feeding well and we are hopeful her weight will continue to go up.
Last night (tues-wed) Addison slept great, I was so impressed, I actually got some sleep for the first night. She was happy in her crib for the first time and nursed well which held her over to sleep for good chunks of time (2+ hours). I was very happy to say the least!
Wednesday we took another field trip, this time to Carter's to get her a couple things she needed including a couple more small head caps, a few more socks and more receiving blankets.We are so happy to be at home enjoying our time as a new family. It really is wonderful to all be together!
