
Dear Addison,
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, where does the time go? It is quite difficult to comprehend that you have now been out of me as long as you were in me. And it is even more incredible to realize that eighteen months has disappeared in a blur. I cannot even imagine what eighteen years will feel like but one thing at a time, right?
So many of our friends call you a 'trick baby' which Daddy and I find quite funny. They say you trick others into having one because you are so good. I wonder how many baby dreams you have inspired, my sweet girl. You have a sunny disposition and you are a social butterfly. You love to be the center of attention (surprise, surprise!) and 'show off' whenever possible. This usually involves a little waving, some talking, a healthy dose of smiles and you'll even throw in some dance moves if you are working a tough crowd. Ah, the dance moves. You keep all the daycare teachers including ones who aren't even in your room in stitches with your bobbing neck and shimmying shoulders. Mommy and Daddy taught you how to get your groove on! Someday if we are lucky we'll even get it on video.
You are learning and doing way too many things to list at this point as every day holds new discoveries. You have a knack (like most babies) for finding and loving whatever is most inappropriate. This includes the coffee table (especially the corners of course), the remote control, Daddy's Blackberry, electrical outlets, mommy's magazines, the lampcord and other super fun things of that nature. It is a busy time! Even with all that, it is so incredible to see your mind growing by leaps and bounds each and every day. Sometimes when Mommy picks you up from daycare you look like that Charlie Brown character Pig Pen. Food on your shirt, grass stains on your pants, dirt under your fingernails and toenails, grass stuck to your face and the lingering smell of sunscreen wafting off you. You have taken that playground by storm and I love it. I can feel you sucking up life all around you and taking in everything and more. Your energy is contagious! And I do realize that the picture included above may not be the most flattering but it seems to quite nicely sum up your new found curiousity about everything (including the camera).
As more time goes by you are becoming more and more of your own person. It is mesmorizing, thrilling and scary all at the same time. I wish there were new ways to tell you how much I love you but I'll settle for doing my best to show you every day. You are my sunshine, baby girl.
Love,
Mommy
PS - And for real, you ARE going to like shoes. I don't care if it kills me. Right now it is shoes = 0, Addison = 5 but that can't last forever!

No comments:
Post a Comment